Kik is a popular instant messaging app for Android and iOS that allows users to communicate with each other through text, photos, and videos. It's a convenient way to stay in touch with friends and family all over the world.
However, what if you accidentally delete a Kik message? Or what if your phone crashes and all your messages are lost from your iPhone? This can be a very frustrating situation.
But luckily, in this article we are going to share some easy and effective ways to recover Kik messages on iPhone. So, keep reading and you will get the solution you're looking for.
Part 1. Why Are My Old Kik Messages Gone?
Some of the most common reasons why your old Kik messages have disappeared are because you have logged out of your account, deleted the Kik app, or deactivated your account. For Kik's server does not see or store conversations, the chat history will be cleared once you perform any of the actions listed above.
Furthermore, Kik has a daily messaging limit for users, which means that on iPhone, it can show up to 1,000 messages in a 48-hour period and users can only save their last 500 messages in the app. In other words, Kik does not keep your chat history for an extended period of time and when you reach your chatting limit, Kik automatically erases old conversations
Part 2. How to Recover Kik Messages on iPhone
1. Some Basic Checks
Before we go any further and discuss the various methods for recovering Kik messages on iPhone, there are a few things you can try to see if any of them work.
1.1 Close The Kik And Enter Again
The Kik app on your iPhone may perform improperly in some situations due to a bug or a glitch, resulting in the disappearance of your chat history. A quick fix for this problem is to close Kik and then open it again.
1.2 Log Out Your Account and Log in Again
As mentioned previously, when you log out of your Kik account, all messages are deleted from your phone. However, there is a chance that if you log out and then log in again, your chat history will be restored.
1.3 Uninstall and Reinstall the Kik
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Kik app is another method you can try. This doesn't always work for everyone, but you might get lucky and recover your old Kik chat history.
2. Recover Directly From iPhone
If you have intentionally or unintentionally emptied your Kik app and you do not have a backup either, all messages are gone forever. However, if you turn to a reliable tool, there is still a chance to retrieve Kik messages from your iPhone.
This is where UnicTool iFindit comes in handy - a powerful iOS data recovery program that allows you to recover deleted Kik messages and pictures directly from an iPhone even without any backup. It allows you to preview the data before you actually recover them. This means that you can see if your Kik messages are available for recovery and then decide if the iFindit is worth the effort.
Here are more features that make iFindit worth a try:
- 1. It allows users to scan and preview lost data before recovery for free.
- 2. It allows users to selectively recover the certain files they want.
- 3. It enables users to recover data without any backup.
- 4. It won't require users to erase all content of their device. Thus won't cause any data loss.
- 5. It has a high recovery rate, and is able to recover any type of data.
Here is a quick guide on how to recover Kik messages from your iPhone with iFindit:
- 1 First of all, install and launch the iFindit program on your computer. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and then choose "Recover from iOS Device" mode.
- 2 The tool will automatically detect your iPhone and click on "Next". Then you can see all the data categories. Choose the "Kik" here, and click on "Scan".
- 3 After scan, choose certain Kik conversations that you want to recover and click on "Recover" to get the process started. Then you just need to wait for the recovery to be completed.
3. Recover From iCloud Backup
If you back up your iPhone to iCloud on a regular basis, you can quickly restore Kik messages from the backup. However, keep in mind that you won't be able to retrieve messages selectively this way; instead, you'll have to restore the entire backup, which will result in completely overwriting all of your existing data on your device.
If you want to proceed with it, then head on to the guide below and learn how to recover Kik messages on iPhone using iCloud backup.
- 1. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset and select "Erase All Content and Settings" option. After that, you must tap on "Erase Now" to confirm the action.
- 2. Wait for a few minutes and let your device restart. Simply follow the on-screen instructions until you get to the "Apps & Data" screen. Here click on the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option.
- 3. Now, select the backup that you believe your deleted Kik messages are included in and wait until the process is completed. Once completed, your iPhone will automatically restart.
4. Recover From iTunes Backup
If you had previously synced your iPhone with iTunes, it would have automatically backed up all your messages, contacts, photos, and other files. This can be very helpful in case you have lost your important data accidentally. So you are enabled to recover your Kik messages through this way.
However, if you use this method, you will lose all current data on iPhone that was not included in the backup because iTunes backup will replace it with older data.
If this is something that you would like to try, then follow these steps:
- 1. Launch iTunes on your computer or laptop and connect your iPhone to it using the USB cable.
- 2. Click the iPhone symbol in the upper left corner, then go to the "Summary" section.
- 3. Click on "Restore Backup" and a window will pop up asking you to select the backup file.
- 4. Click on "Restore" after selecting the most recent backup file that contains your Kik app messages. That's it!
We understand how frustrating it is to lose your most valuable Kik messages, and we hope that this article has helped you restore them. All of the methods described in this article are simple, effective, and well-researched to ensure that you don't end up with wrong and time-consuming operation.
However, our top pick among the listed options is the iFindit, which features simple and straightforward steps for recovering Kik messages from your iPhone. It can thoroughly scan your phone for Kik messages that are either invisible or have been deleted. Furthermore, unlike restoring via iTunes or iCloud, no data will be lost during the data recovery process. Download and get your precious Kik messages back right now.